Choosing the right palm for you.
Palms and tropical plants come is a stunning array of shapes, colours, heights, and styles, but not all positions in your garden will suit every variety. Most tropical plants (particularly palms) prefer well-draining soils with some moisture and plenty of light. It is important therefore take some time and consider the following questions about your garden;
- What degree of sun and shade does it get?
- Is it morning or afternoon sun?
- How good is the drainage?
- How much and from what direction does wind impact the area?
- What are the maximum or minimum heights I require?
- How much space is there for the plant to grow?
- Will frosts impact the area and to what level?
Understanding how the answers to these questions will influence what is suitable to plant is very important, and that’s where we come in. The team at The Palm Place Nursery has over a 100 years of combined experience in palms and tropical plants. We consider ourselves to be a bank of knowledge that can help guide in any question or consideration you have ensuring that you end up with the best result.